[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Mar 27 04:15:16 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:43:03PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Fortran?  do you really want to install Fortran?  FWIW, I didn't install
> any of the Fortran bullshit - because I don't need it.  The C and C++
> stuff ssems to be totally independent.

well, there is nothing wrong with FORTRAN, but i don't *NEED* it so i won't
mind skipping it if i cna't get it installed.

> Okay - that's the same problem I had.  inst doesn't report that theres
> an insufficient rev of the C and C++ libraries.  I've found that you
> *must* *explicitly* tell inst (or swmanager) to update these, as it may
> choose not to - depending on the color of your shirt.

nice.  talk about your quirky install system.  oy.

> I'll look into it, maybe you can borrow my chicken and incense - if all
> else fails.

that would be way cool as i have NO IDEA how to do that. :)

> > GOD DAMMIT ALL I WANT IS TO INSTALL MIPSPRO IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!?!
>
> Yes.  Apparently.

bah.

> Lemme see what I did.  I'll update in a few...

that would be way cool dude, thanks.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)