[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Wed Mar 27 00:07:42 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 11:38:00PM -0800, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> I figured it out - I think.  In order to install MIPSPro 7.3.whatever,
> you need to have the full C and C++ environment installed.  Apparently,
> the stuff on the Development Foundation CD is just the bare minimum
> crap, and most of it is actually dummy comilers.  Aparently it's all
> just eoe_sw stuff - not a working compiler.

yeah, without a doubt.

> Let me qualify this by saying that that's what I read in the last couple
> hours of web searching - this is not something to be taken as gospel.  I
> may be wrong.

i sorta think you aren't wrong however.  this could end up being a pain.

> Didja see this yet:
> http://support.sgi.com/lang/73compilers_65.html
>
> It's too late in the day for me to try this now though...

only problem i see is that i lack some of those CDs.

i don't konw how much of it is contained in the tarball of 7.3.12 i have.
i don't know exactly what is missing however either.

pain in the ass.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)