[rescue] need IRIX CD (C Front End CD)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Mar 26 18:18:46 CST 2002

> > It *is* there - though it's hidden, and I think it requires the 6.5 CDs
> > plus th 6.5.x overlays in order to fully install.
>
> if you can find these three packages, or tell me where they can be found, that
> would rock.

Brian,

I have, without a doubt, c_dev.sw.c, d_dev.man.c, and c++_dev.sw.c++ all
installed on this machine.  So, the stuff is on the regular 6.5.x CDs.

Lessee here...

They're on the Development Foundation CD, according to the directory
listing.  When installing, be sure to tell swmanager to look at
[CDROM]/dist/dist6.5, the packages are here, not in [CDROM]/dist like
distributions normally are.  You *might* hae to explicitly check those
packages off in swmanager to get them to install (kinda like the BZFlag
fiasco).  Installing these packages may also require some dependencies
on the 6.5 foundation CDs, but I can't recall.

Now, you *may* need to install the 6.5.x overlays on top of this, then
patch to the latest patch from SGI's patches library - though I seem to
recall you said that this is what you were trying to do in the first
place...

Give this a try, I'm still trying to reconstruct how I got it all
installed.  I'll update y'all if I come up with anything useful.  If you
have any more questions, let me know...

Kurt