[rescue] Accidentally destroying hardware..

Guy Yasko gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp
Tue Mar 26 09:55:27 CST 2002

    Chad> While working for a local water purification company, I
    Chad> "bumped" the back wall of the new warehouse, with a
    Chad> forklift.....

where there's forklifts, this will happen.  lots of people run the
things off the loading dock.  even if you just run a wheel off the
dock it's still quite a job to lift it back up.  all that weight in
the back...

i never hurt a fly with the forklift, but i fried an octane on
warranty once.  pulled out the motherboard before unplugging it.
don't do this!   this was officially attributed to a bad power supply.

my cat has also done her bit.  (we're a team) she destroyed a mac
powerbook 550 by pissing on it in such a way as to get the stream into
one of the holes in the back.  laptops are particularly vulnerable to
this sort of attack.  she's never done anything even remotely like
that but for that once.

g.y.

Guy Yasko -- gyasko at mx7.ttcn.ne.jp

Hey, wait a minute!!  I want a divorce!! ... you're not Clint Eastwood!!