[rescue] Re: Accidentally destroying hardware..

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Mar 25 17:09:56 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:31:26PM -0500, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Michael Thompson wrote:
>
> > I scraped all of the paint off the roof of a Hertz rental by sliding it on
> > the pavement...upside down.
>
> Well, did they put a warning sticker on the car?
>
> "WARNING:  Car is not meant to slide across pavement upside down.  Doing
> 	so may void warrantee and cause damage to paint."
>
> If not, I smell lawsuit =)

However, the federal regulations are:

"it is a federal offense to use this product in a manner inconsistent
with its labeling."

Thus, they could get him on GVWR regulations, or not having the tires
at the appropriate pressure or something.

Actually, if he left the paint spread over the pavement, that would be
littering!  The eco-nazis would eat the poor man alive.

./patrick