[rescue] FA: PDP11 Qbus cards CPU and Memory

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Mar 25 16:45:01 CST 2002

On March 25, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> You need to learn to recognize a clue when it's battered against the
> side of your excessively thick skull.

  My DEC clues were battered into my thick skull twenty years ago.
You need to realize that there really are things in this world that
you don't know the first thing about.

  So, free of charge, here's one for YOUR thick skull.

  One very important example of what I'm talking about here is the
PDP-11/24.  This is a Unibus PDP-11 that is based on an F11
chipset...an LSI-11/23!  There's nothing even remotely Qbus-related in
the PDP-11/24, and yet it can be properly referred to as an
"LSI-11-based" system since it has an LSI-11/23 processor chipset at
its core.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "...it's leaving me this unpleasant,
St. Petersburg, FL                 damp feeling on my shorts..." -Sridhar