[rescue] FA: PDP11 Qbus cards CPU and Memory

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Mar 25 15:45:51 CST 2002

> > Dave, you are not an authority on all things DEC any more than I am.

> Umm, Dude...  Give it up.  Dave is FAR more of an authority on all things DEC
> than you are.

This reminds me of a year or so ago, when an acquaintance of mine was
telling me about how she got the "Sun maintenance training" and she had
the FEH, so on and so forth...  (the FEH stuff had me drooling cause
at the time getting one was difficult/expensive).

She starts talking about her Sparc 5.  I mention the sparc 2s I'd scored
recently.  She started talking about how the Sparc 2s take 72 pin SIMMs.
I assume she just misspoke, and I mention maybe she thought IPX, or something
else, not a 2.  She insists they take 72 pin SIMMs, not 30 pin like I say.

I tell her, "Find an online copy of the FEH, they are out there, you are
wrong."

She doesn't relent.  Finally a buddy of mine says:  "Um, you're talking about
old Sun hardware.  Kurt wins.  I don't question him on that".

=)

Stuff like that gives me a big head, although I pointed out that I do get
things wrong, I just wasn't wrong on this one =)

--Kurt