[rescue] Oh, It gets better! (Was : Well, isn't that special. )

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 25 13:29:28 CST 2002

Well, there's Nortel (#2 in market) and Motorola (#3 in market). I don't
know if Ascend is still kicking.

I have always like Motorola, especially if doing voice over frame relay. I
find Nortel (Bay/Wellfleet) difficult to deal with from the command-line,
but once programmed enough to see an ethernet port their gui works.

I like Cisco, but only for infrastructure stuff. Cisco (or any other router
manufacturer) wouldn't be my first choice for a network card. What they are
really saying here is "we shouldn't have entered that business and now want
out of it". Most big companies will do this to a dead product line. Cisco
offers excellent support for their primary product lines.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751