[rescue] Slightly OT

Eric Hall jester_123 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 24 15:59:58 CST 2002

I had a thought. Someone one should do a caricature strip
of the different types of Listonians. I can't draw, but I
have an idea for several types of Listonians. These are
fictional, and are not meant to represent anyone.(But if
there are no types like this, there should be.)

1. The Hoarder - has three or more of every Unix workstation ever made. Would not
part with any parts or systems under any circumstances, even though he/she won't
ever even boot them.

2. The Newbie - just bought a Sparc 5 off of ebay, and wants free parts under the
guise of "Which operating system should I run?"

3. The Zealot - Only runs one operating system on every workstation (Dec, Sun, whatever!)
he/she owns, and is trying to get everyone to switch.

4. The Admin - when you make a post asking how to enable ipforwarding, he/she posts
three pages about internet security.

5. The Developer - when you ask him/her how to enable ipforwarding, they post six
pages of code on how to do it - For Linux, BSD, HP, and Solaris of course!

6. The Engineer - When you ask how to make the picture on that old monitor sharper,
they post detailed instructions on which capacitor to replace, along with a URL of
the schematics for the equipment. If their monitor turns fuzzy, they re-design it,
of course!

Well, that's it - can't think of anymore. If anyone can draw, this could be a comic
strip. And if anyone can think of more Listonian types - well, that would be interesting
too!

Eric H