[rescue] Re: Re: SGI sales in Europe? (Carl-Johan Schenstrom)

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.Helsinki.FI
Thu Mar 21 14:54:28 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 08:58:52PM +0100, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
> > > As I'm looking to buy a used SGI, something along the way of an Octane,
> > > I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy SGI hardware from
> > > in Europe? I know reputable.com sells them very cheap, but the shipping
> > > costs from USA to Sweden would be far too much.
> > >
> > > Perhaps there is someone here located in Europe, looking to sell their
> > > SGI workstation, or perhaps trade it for a Sun Ultra 1 200E? Mail me
> > > offlist if that's the case.
> >
> > There's usually quite a lot of German SGI gear on eBay. The prices seem ok
> > as well, usually below 1000 euro for an Octane. Shipping to Sweden would
> > cost another 100 or so, I think. That's not much more than shipping from
> > the US so you might look into both options.

http://www.futuretech.vuurwerk.nl/advert/

Ian sells some stuff and is located, AFAIK, in .uk.

>  Since Sweden is a member of the EC (said while looking at the back of a  1,-
> coin), you wouldn't have to pay taxes when buying from Germany and transferring
> money to a German bank account is much easier within the EC. And I would not be
> surprised that shipping to a country next door is cheaper than shipping
> something transatlantic... But those Octanes at reputable.com are real cheap :).

I was just looking about and apparently osuuspankki.fi has some transfer
methods (MM PM MME) but I didn't find out if they come with a price or
anything. Getting a Visa and going through all that with credit card
union is quite a chore for a simple thing.

Niina claimed that companies also sell stuff COD. Any idea if that works
for private individuals internationally?

(And hey, if someone has a dirt cheap nice AT mother board like AXe or
axppci that could find its way to .fi, I'd like one. I'm getting more
and more fed up with Via and PC's once again =)

--
Take thee this thing covered with that stuff and give it unto
that guy, that he may do things with it.