[rescue] Re: Re: SGI sales in Europe? (Carl-Johan Schenstrom)

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Thu Mar 21 13:58:52 CST 2002

> > As I'm looking to buy a used SGI, something along the way of an Octane,
> > I was wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy SGI hardware from
> > in Europe? I know reputable.com sells them very cheap, but the shipping
> > costs from USA to Sweden would be far too much.
> >
> > Perhaps there is someone here located in Europe, looking to sell their
> > SGI workstation, or perhaps trade it for a Sun Ultra 1 200E? Mail me
> > offlist if that's the case.
>
> There's usually quite a lot of German SGI gear on eBay. The prices seem ok
> as well, usually below 1000 euro for an Octane. Shipping to Sweden would
> cost another 100 or so, I think. That's not much more than shipping from
> the US so you might look into both options.

 Since Sweden is a member of the EC (said while looking at the back of a  1,-
coin), you wouldn't have to pay taxes when buying from Germany and transferring
money to a German bank account is much easier within the EC. And I would not be
surprised that shipping to a country next door is cheaper than shipping
something transatlantic... But those Octanes at reputable.com are real cheap :).

   Michiel