[rescue] Am I stupid? or does NetBSD not support i386 smp?

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Mar 19 23:39:17 CST 2002

> > Thanks, I appreciate the effort, but this is for a Production Machine for
> > someone else ( FTP Server ).  I think I'll reccomend that he stick with
> > FreeBSD for now.
>
>   Dudage it was *rock solid* upwards of a year ago...I'm sure it's
> fine...it's just not merged into the main tree yet 'cause they're
> waiting for the next major release.

I realize that you have your NetBSD Zealotry to uphold, : )
(Just kidding, I run NetBSD on everything but a few machines)

Seriously, then is that NetBSD SMP locking re-write going to come of age?
It, like sparc-smp and *goddess knows* how many other snacktacular
improvements have been on the 'Real Soon Now' burner for
_How_many_years_?

Or are we waiting for NetBSD 4.9.16 for any of these?