[rescue] IRIS keyboard

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Mar 19 22:30:27 CST 2002

On March 19, George Adkins wrote:
> > I'm desperately in need of a KVM switch, but I know there's nothing
> > that will support an IRIS keyboard.  I wonder how hard it is to make
> > a little black box that will convert between an IRIS kb/mouse and PS2
> > kb/mouse signals.  Any ideas?  Anybody ever tried this?
>
> Umm, I don't think that this gonna happen without some major design, or some
> serious bucks.
>
> the IRIS kb/mouse is serial. AFAIK, ps2 is ttl.

  If someone can provide me with protocol & interface specs and a
suitable bribe, I will build a box to do this.

  The bribe will have to be fairly decent though, as there's a hardware
& firmware design effort involved...but once it's designed and
prototyped, any number of them could be constructed.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire                    "Watch those lateral G's man,
St. Petersburg, FL               I've got sandwiches in my lap!" -Sridhar