[rescue] IRIS keyboard

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Tue Mar 19 22:23:33 CST 2002

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 11:06 pm, you wrote:
> I'm desperately in need of a KVM switch, but I know there's nothing
> that will support an IRIS keyboard.  I wonder how hard it is to make
> a little black box that will convert between an IRIS kb/mouse and PS2
> kb/mouse signals.  Any ideas?  Anybody ever tried this?

Umm, I don't think that this gonna happen without some major design, or some
serious bucks.

the IRIS kb/mouse is serial. AFAIK, ps2 is ttl.

it should be perfectly possible to build a mechanical KM switch for the
keyboard and mouse, using one of those cheap mechanical rotary switch jobs
that you can buy for 29.95 at WorstBuy...  Of course it'll only work to
switch between bachines that use that particular serial keyboard...

George