[rescue] DEC Storageworks SBB Problem

Mike Meredith hmv at meredithm.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 18:21:28 CST 2002

On Tuesday 19 March 2002 13:43, you wrote:
> It's a DAC960, I think that the AlphaBIOS identifies it as a SWXCR or

The name rings a bell. They've got different names in different places
which is real helpful.

> Where do I get the firmware upgrade and how difficult is it to
> install? I'd hate to hose my RAID controller.

You might be able to snarf the firmware upgrade from Compaq's site, but
to make things easier I'll hunt down the stuff tomorrow at work.

Can't remember how the upgrade is done, but I watched an FE do the
upgrade and didn't think it was complicated enough to take notes so it
probably isn't rocket science. There's almost certainly a README
lurking in the firmware upgrade files though.