[rescue] IRIX name resolution woes

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Mar 18 11:49:29 CST 2002

You might try adding the domain to your resolv.conf file (domain
csd.uwo.ca). I bet it is a domain name problem. nslookup queries a DNS
box in your domain and doesn't need the domain name; it's taken for
granted. telnet and ftp don't take it for granted... If you can telnet
and ftp with a fully-qualified domain name it would suggest that this is
indeed the case.