[rescue] IRIX name resolution woes

Stephen Worotynec sgw at vex.net
Mon Mar 18 11:27:41 CST 2002

Does /etc/resolv.conf have a "hostresorder" line? What does it say?

Do you have an environmental variable HOSTRESORDER set?

The resolver will try to check NIS first unless you explicity have
something like:

hostresorder local bind

in resolv.conf. (And setting HOSTRESORDER overrides resolv.conf.)

Good luck,

Steve Worotynec