[rescue] Urgent - 12-way SGI Power Challenge XL server, please help

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Mar 18 01:45:08 CST 2002

Oh, one other thing.

Before I commit myself to this system, does anybody here have opinions about these machines, or knowledge of design flaws or short-comings?

Of course I realise that these machines are absurdly impratical for a home network (high power consumption, very loud fans, upgrade options severly limited by lack of parts availability etc) but I can't bear to see one of these systems trashed for lack of a good home.

Regards,

Gavin

P.S. Apologies if I don't respond to your replies right away - I only subscribe to the list digest so I may not see them for a couple of hours.