[rescue] Somewhat desparate... need to re-rescue a printer

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 14 23:41:17 CST 2002

> box as well.  The Macintosh running Classic also likes it in LPR mode...
> well I've spent two days working on getting Print Center to work with it
> in LPR mode... turns out (it starts flashing and then stops without
> printing)  OS X only prints using PS Level 2.  Well I find out that I
> should have gotten the Postscript Plus cartridge...  does anyone have

Take a look at this:

    http://www.cups.org/

I got it up and running in about 30 minutes plus compile time.  I can
print from Windows 98  (thanks to Samba), Windows 2000, MacOS 8, Solaris,
and IRIX.  It's so easy you can probably do it in your sleep.

I'm using a PCL-based printer as well.  Besides, the documentation is
fantastic.  I'm sold on it--absolutely the easiest hetergenous network
printer install I've ever done.  Plus, it'll save you money on that
Postscript cartridge.

--Jonathan