[rescue] ADMIN NOTE: Reply-To header chanegs

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Thu Mar 14 09:24:52 CST 2002

On Wednesday 13 March 2002 11:54 am, you wrote:
> As an experiment, I've changed the Reply-To: header on the
> rescue list to point back to the sender of a message, rather
> than the list itself.
>
> This is in response to mails I've gotten over the past couple
> of weeks about the list being too off-topic and "chatty".
>
> The Rescue list is for discussions of rescuing/reviving old Sun
> and other hardware.  As of late, it has degenerated in a general
> chat forum (and I'm not claiming innocence here either; I've been
> as bad as others).
>
> Please move general chat/discussions to the Geeks list
> (http://www.sunhelp.org/mailman/listinfo/geeks) and keep the Rescue
> list on-topic.

One of the reasons I subscribe to this list is that "chattiness" exactly.

I have time for 1 (one) list in my life and right now, this one is it.  I
don't subscribe to [geeks] for two reasons, 1. I don't have the personal
bandwidth to do both lists, and 2. I enjoy the rescue and technical topics
found here on this list.

If I have to, I will unsubscribe from [rescue] and subscribe to [geeks]
instead, but I'd rather not.  I guess this is just me casting my vote for
'the way it was' (as a matter of fact, in my experience, the way it has
always been...).  The chemistry that makes this list interesting is not
something you find just anywhere, and I hate the idea of having to go looking
again...

George