[rescue] SSA power supplies

Michael Schiller schiller at zaphod.agrijag.com
Wed Mar 13 22:49:32 CST 2002

Hi All.

Between a friend and myself we have 8 Sun SSA disk arrays, and 5 of them
have bad power supplies. 3 of them we got with bad power supplies, but 2
of them went bad on me. At first the ps would shut itself down every 10
hours or so, then it rapidly started shutting down faster, until in the
end it just flashes the front display for a second.

Is this a common problem with these power supplies? Is this something
easy to fix? Or am I just unlucky enough to get a few bad units? I've
also had a single fan unit go bad in one of the units as well, but a
single failure in 8 units I can deal with.

--
-Mike