[rescue] win2k admin password hack?

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Mar 12 21:18:24 CST 2002

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 08:19:01PM -0600, Scott Newell wrote:

> Now when this same customer is about to release a purchase order for a six
> figure project, and the choice is to either suck it up and spend a couple
> of hours fixing the box, or sit on it and try to teach 'em a lesson, well,
> I caved.  Guess that's why I'm not an admin... :-)

see, i have a HUGE problem with customers that think they have NO responsability
when it comes to a contract.  of course, i've been in the business for a very
long time now, and i've seen all sorts of moronicity (hmm, i like that) and
it just grates on me anymore.  oh, your mailserver is back up?  well it's not
my fucking job to check it for you moron, maybe you should have called me when
you fixed it, not 6 hours later complaning that we aren't sending any mail to
you.

i really hate my job right now, you'll have to forgive me.

> BOFH:  I did change the admin password in the process, and I told them that
> I changed it, but I haven't (yet) given them the new password.  Does that
> redeem me, at least slightly?

baby steps.  it takes YEARS to become as bitter as some of us. :)

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)