[rescue] Quadra 840av questions

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Mar 12 00:45:47 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 02:43:06AM -0500, Jeff Borisch wrote:
> The cd and hd are both internal right? Just double check the HD is jumpered
> term on (since it is last) and the CD is not. If the HD is stock, it is
> probably a quantum. you can get jumper diagrams from maxtor's site now. It
> is a pita getting them out of the box though. not one of apple's better
> designs for serviceability.

Fiddling with the termination did nothing for me.  Installing a different
CD-Rom fixed it.

> > This Macintosh: 192.168.0.103
> > Hardware address: < not applicable >
>
> It won't display a hardware address if it doesn't get a link. But you
> already said you got link good lights.

> I remember there was something about deselecting the option to "load only
> when needed" under the TCP/IP options. That helped someones problem of their
> link dropping out on a stubborn switch. Worth a shot.

I've done that already.  Still getting no where with networking.  Would you
suggest next?  A new MoBo (not really an option at this time...)?  A new
AAUI (I've tried two different ones, but they are the same model, brand, and
from the same source.

--
Joshua D. Boyd