[rescue] OSF1

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Thu Mar 7 22:17:37 CST 2002

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 08:33:46PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:

> I'm on George's side. Unnecessarily complicated is, well, unnecessary.

true.  i don't even use the "feature" of runlevels on my sysV boxes.  like
george, my machines have a limited number of states.  typically on and off
being the main two. :)

> For me, BSD scripts do indeed Just Work. And when it's time to
> find/change something, I actually know where to look! It's all in the
> same place! What a concept!

i know where to look as well on sysV.  it's not a bad system.  maybe a little
clunky, but greatly simplifies applications installing their own startup bits.
yeah yeah yeah, i could do it by hand, but sometimes it's nicer this way.

-brian

--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)