[rescue] OSF1

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Thu Mar 7 18:45:22 CST 2002

On Thursday 07 March 2002 06:34 pm, you wrote:
> On 2002.03.07 21:17 Mike Meredith wrote:
>
> [OSF1]
>
> > It claims to be SysV? I haven't seen that myself.
>
> OK. It has a SysV style init with runlevels and it has "UNIX" in four
> capitals in its name. AFAIK "UNIX" is a TM and is tied to SysV.

It's the SysV style init system that disturbs me the most, It's one of the
things I dislike the most about Solaris as well.

The *BSD init scripts are simple, and they "Just Work", without what I
personally view as the unneded complication of several run levels.  I would
have just three run levels myself, Multi-user, Single-user and Off.