[rescue] StorageWorks cabinet rescue

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Tue Mar 5 01:08:25 CST 2002

"William W. Arnold" wrote:

> >Well, I have since we're under maintainence contract. However, we only
> >have PCMCIA-cards, so if anyone here knows how to update or read these
> >cards, let me know.
>
> Do you have a spare card? :-)
> (I'd actually rather swap cards, overwriting the old firmware
> just seems so permanent.)

I don't know about spare cards, since we return them to Compaq. However,
I'll try to extract the firmware though...

> >That sounds 100% like our "RAIDarray 410" boxes. 6 SCSI-buses split over
> >SCSI-ID 0-3, making 24 disk drives.
> >On the back of our boxes it reads "SW300-AA" and what you've seen,
>
> I've found a sticker with the "SW300" label, but no -AA.

Well, that's probably nothing to worry about. Judging from your ancient
firmware version, it could be an early model.

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB