[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Mon Mar 4 13:33:21 CST 2002

Somewhere around the house I have a SCSI-ethernet converter. If I can find
it easily, does anyone want it. (It must be my week to clean out the
closet.)

On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Steve Sandau wrote:

> > > I was wondering if NetBSD supported AppleTalk. Do I take your suggestion
> > > to mean that is does?
> > NetBSD has netatalk, that means it can speak the AppleTalk protocol
> > on Ethernet. I use this for my printer, a Apple LaserWriter IIg. It
> > is connected via Ethernet and I can use it as any regular *ix
> > printer with a LPD filter that pipes the print data over the network.
>
> Sounds like it won't talk over the AppleTalk port, which is what I'd
> need. The little Mac II ci has no ethernet card, only an AppleTalk port.
> So I need a physical as well as a protocol bridge... That would be a lot
> to ask of NetBSD...
>
> --
> Steve Sandau
> IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
> ssandau at bath.tmac.com

-- Eric Johnson

We trained hard -- but it seemed that every time
we were beginning to form up into teams, we would
be reorganized. I was to learn later in life we
tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing,
and a wonderful method it can be for creating the
illusion of progress while producing confusion,
inefficiency and demoralization.

-- Petronius Arbiter, 66 AD

   /*\              ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
   \ /              - AGAINST HTML EMAIL
    X               - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
   / \