[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Mar 4 12:09:56 CST 2002

> this reminds me of an important rescue project i have: making a
> powerbook 100 functional again.  the hard drive on my wife's pb100
> recently died (after about 10yrs).  i got a 'new' hard drive, only to
> find that the mac hd formatter doesn't want to format non-apple disks.
> (i have a fujitsu one here).  i'd format the disk on another machine,
> but then i'd need to find or make an adapter for the 2.5" scsi hard
> drive.  i tried accessing the drive from a linux pc with the powerbook
> in 'scsi-mode', but i couldn't get the other computer to do anything
> with disk. any ideas, suggestions?

I think I remember seeing something about a patch for the Apple
formatter that would allow formatting of non-Apple disks. Maybe that'd
work for a lpatop drive, too... Lemme look.

OK, I found something. The info here might be helpful. I ran across it
when installing NetBSD.
http://www.euronet.nl/users/ernstoud/patch.html

--
Steve Sandau