[rescue] StorageWorks cabinet rescue

William W. Arnold warnold at vipnet.org
Sun Mar 3 13:04:39 CST 2002

Eric Dittman writes ---
>You have a BA35x shelf, just a different model.  The real
>question is, which one?  I'll do some research and see if
>I can find out.  Can you get any specific model number off
>the back of the installed shelves?

Ok, I took it apart.  Only 28 screws to get to the back.

It's not seperate shelves, the backplane is one single board
running the full height and width of the unit.  The only
relevant marking is a label:

 [BARCODE]     E01    [BARCODE]
54-23338-01 [BARCODE] KA451MFW69

All the other markings are just stenceled connector ID's
JP? for power, JD?? for disk.

The only other item of interest is that at the top behind
the topmost shelf there are 3 connectors that appear to
be the same connector format as the disk drive connectors.
I wonder what is supposed to connect there?  They're
labeled J19, J20, and J21.  All the other J connections
are down in the controller/cache/etc area.

-billy- warnold at vipnet.org