[rescue] Today's rescue and need Wyse keyboard

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Sat Mar 2 11:32:29 CST 2002

Saved from the trash bin three pieces of Intel Storage Express/Express
II equipment and a Wyse-55 (sans keyboard). Anyone have a suitable
keyboard for cheap?

The Storage Express looks like a late model ISA/PCI 486 in a fancy case
with a four line front panel LCD and an 8mm drive. I know from Intel's
site that this stuff was end-of-lifed in 1997 but is the 486-based
Express usable for anything... like NetBSD, perhaps? It has IDE and
Floppy connectors on the motherboard and an ISA video card. The other
cards in it are a PCI SCSI and, naturally, an Intel 82557 NIC. I saved
it for the 8mm tape but I wouldn't mind using the whole thing.

Also saved an empty Intel SCSI chassis with two full-size 5.25" bays, one
open (probably held a DLT) and a Storage Express II with a 15/30 DLT and
the other bay empty but with the plates.

Was this Intel stuff worth lugging home on a Saturday?

- Ross