[rescue] My first functional VAX

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Sat Mar 2 06:41:51 CST 2002

I got it going after spending all day on it.

First I discover the floppy doesn't read disks as it should.
So read up on NetBSD network booting. Located mopd for Linux.
Spent phucking hours trying to get it to work. Located another
packet, that actually worked. Couldn't get bootparamd to talk
to the VAX. More hours wasted. Spent an hour reading up on
bootpd and got it going.

Now I have to figure out how to install from NFS to local drive.
Oh well will keep me busy for a while.

I'm still hunting for VMS CDs/DAT tapes for the VS 4000 96 which
won't run NetBSD. Anyway I WANT TO LEARN VMS :-)