[rescue] those who should be shot -> and those who willgoto heaven!

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 1 13:23:39 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 01:52:12PM -0500, Chad Fernandez wrote:

> I just finished the site.  I was disappointed to see that he's using
> spray primer, from a spray can.  With all the trouble he's going through
> I would have thought he would use a spray gun with better paint/primer.
> I like the granite paint, However.  I've though about using it on my
> RS6000.

Maybe he didn't have the equipment to do better.  I'm guessing the whole job
cost well less than $40, and if it is a one time, or 2 time thing, it doesn't
justify the money for a good spray rig.

> Over all I like what this guy has done, although, I do not like the
> grape color.  I would have chosen something else, quite possibly a blue

I loved the color.  It looked like it would fit in decently with a real
decore, which most modded machines don't.  Plain black kinda works, but how
much of it do you really want?

I keep thinking about doing a serious mod job to my stereo.  I need to learn
more about the relevent electronics first though.  I'm thinking making it
a digital tuner and adding a nice LCD display (perhaps made from some simple
stuff on the serial port of a torn apart old palm pilot) would be cool.  I
also consider adding another 2 chanels to it (it is quadraphonic, so 2 more
chanels would make for a full surround system).  It already has a nice wood
casing and a rather nice imitation aluminum front.  Making new buttons and
levers out of wood might also be nice.  The idea to have a stereo that looks
a lot nicer than the standard run of the mill Sony, and I think upgrading an
old one is probably easier than remodelling a new one.

--
Joshua D. Boyd