[rescue] Misc auction treasure (more PA-RISC)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Jun 30 11:47:40 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 03:21:27AM +1200, ghub005 at xtra.co.nz wrote:
> Hi Lads
>
> More ex lease HP 9000 equipment came in from Singapore last week. I picked up some seriously good stuff for my home zoo.
> Hive high-capacity low-profile HAS modules (2*18GB and 3*9GB) - 250USD for all five :-P
> Seven A3737 memory kits (2*256MB for k class in each kit) - 180USD for all the kits.
> A pallet of eight C240 machines (FX4, 256MB, 9GB UW) for just over 60USD a piece.
> A box-lot containg a pair of Kx80 cpu boards (240MHz), a kx80 main-board, a twin HSC card carrier board with FWD SCSI modules, and a 100BaseT PB-Bus module. All this equipment is ex HP remarketing and was only 25USD!

> Unix system hardware is languishing unloved in auction houses and computer graveyards in your area. Go forth and set it free :-)

If it wouldn't cost so much to get it back home, I'd come and beat you
up and rob you.

Alas, whenever I manage to find auctions, it is crap going for large
amounts of dough.  And then there is ebay.  Where it amazes me that
people will spend more for an Apex with no warranty (other than maybe
being able to fight the factory about it) than it would cost to order
from walmart.com (let alone going to walmart.brick_and_mortor).

--
Joshua D. Boyd