[rescue] Re: Solaris 9 CDs (multi CPU pricing)

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Sun Jun 30 00:29:50 CDT 2002

>a desktop or (workgroup|midrange|datacenter) server, and what block of CPUs
>you have. 2CPU workgroup server is $249/A, 2-4CPU desktop is $199/A.

Actually, except for us home geeks, this isnt bad, is it? Are these
fullblown unlimited user commercial license pricing though ?? How much are
datacenter licenses.. E10Ks used to be $20K/per I thought I had seen (adds
up for 64 CPU !).

Isnt that one thing that made (DO _NOT_ START A FLAME WAR ON THIS PLEASE!!)
Linux/xBSD attactive to small users. Free v a Tru64 license for $5K or so
or AIX for $5-10K. Hell DEC_Unix wouldnt install but for 'root' without a
$5K license key.

I love free solaris.. even $100 solaris media kits. but full blown redhat
pro costs what? 199.00 too?  It seems in the current world reality, any OS
costs. regretably, 100-200.00.

Les