[rescue] Sun/PC KVM Switch

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sat Jun 29 15:26:13 CDT 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, kamakazi wrote:
> I have a little Cybex 4 port here, and it wouldn't work with my Indy.
> Keyboard/mouse worked fine, but the monitor would never sync up.  And
> that was after it worked fine once.  The monitor worked fine without the
> KVM in the middle, and I have had no other problems with PS/2 machines

Those things have finite video bandwidth, you know :-)

> (I'm pretty sure I tried it with my I2, It has worked with a couple
> alphas, all my PeeCees, etc.)  It also breaks on my Linux Dev. box, if I
> start X I have to reset the mouse every time, even if I just v. console
> out and back in.  Other than that it has been flawless.

These probably has more to do with your mouse than the KVM.

> > Cybex / Avocent -- (*drool*, wipe!)

I've got three little four-port boxes (black ones) and an Autoview 200. I
must say, I do believe they are very well built boxes. And built in
Huntsville, my hometown[0]. Having played with a few others, I do believe
that they are the Cadillacs of the KVMs.

[0]: Don't confuse that with actual hometown pride. I have none.