[rescue] Free VAX 11/750 (Colorado)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 28 17:36:27 CDT 2002

On June 28, jodys at helluin.org wrote:
> Yeah, and I'm on the second floor, I'd be scared trying to get it
> up a flight of stairs. Presumably it's got a dimension shorter
> that 30" (or whatever the standard door width is).
> Is this machine 220V? Maybe I can secure some space at my fathers
> place (he's got 220 wired). Sure would be a catch (yum, real hardware).

  I don't recall the exact dimensions...if you want, I can dig them
up; I have all the docs here.  Let me know.

  The '750 processor cabinet will run on 110V...I had one at home many
years ago.  You may need to replace the power connector on the end of
the cable; it likely has a Twist-Lok on it...Home Depot is your
friend.

  All in all, if you can get it moved, a '750 is pretty trivial to
bring up.

         -Dave