[rescue] my new sig

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:47:06 CDT 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, it was written:

> Read the book by Stephane Curtois (not sure about spelling) called
> "The Black Book of Communism".  Communism is far more deadly than even
> the psycho-Islamics.  100 million dead in this past century alone.

what??? Russia had 140 million of people or so last time I checked. So
almost 40% of the population of Russia was killed by the communist? Same
argument could be made about christianity then. If we judge a system by
the total number of deaths that it produces, then I do not think neither
Capitalism, nor communism are any better/worse. Same when comparing a
despotic medieval regime like the Tzar's with a modern despotic regime
like communism, and somehow trying to make a point of one being better
than the other. It is like trying to say that Hitler was somehow better
than Stalin or viceversa.

That is my opinion I guess, and this is way off topic. Sorry 'bout that...
now can we get back to computer related stuff.