[rescue] my new sig

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at .zill.net
Thu Jun 27 12:47:18 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:51:21AM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > This is why Russia under the Tsars, as despotic as they were, was
> > still better than under Communism.
>
> Jeez, I dunno what this has to do with anything related to
> SUN/Computers/or what not. But clearly your knowledge of history is
> primitive at best. So what are you trying to say a brutal Christian regime
> is somehow better than a repressive atheist regime?

As judged by the numbers such as number of people killed and so forth, yes.

Read the book by Stephane Curtois (not sure about spelling) called
"The Black Book of Communism".  Communism is far more deadly than even
the psycho-Islamics.  100 million dead in this past century alone.

Replace Tsar with Sun.  Replace Communism with Microsoft.

Silly but a grain of truth--Sun at least adheres to the "Unix way" a
little bit, and know that to be respected they have to at least
pretend to like their Unix heritage.  Just like the Tsar had to at
least go through the motions of being just; it served as a check or
limit on what he could do - just like Sun has text mode command line
programs to configure just about everything.

Microsoft has no history, for them everything they do is Year Zero, a
sort of Cultural Revolution.  Whatever they do they declare as a
standard; just like whatever Communists like Lenin and Stalin did was
declared right and proper after the fact.

./patrick