[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Wed Jun 26 12:00:01 CDT 2002

[ On Wednesday, June 26, 2002 at 09:11:35 (-0400), Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Favorite Terminals
>
> Hmmm... favorite in my heart is the Tab132.  I can't find much info on
> it via google other than in termcap/terminfo entries.  vt100 compatible
> terminal that also had programmable macros and did 132 characters as
> desired (thus the name).  It was THE terminal to have when I got to
> Computer Science House at RIT back in 1990.

Hmmm... never used one

(FYI my vt100 (or is it a 102?) does 132-char mode too, as does my AT&T 605)

(132 columns is nice, particularly if you are working on reports that
print on 132-column paper, or coding nicely tab-indented C, but more
lines is more important to me these days....)

> And the information on it that I've found says "all of its functions are
> implemented in hardware -- and I mean, in *hardware*, as in the finest
> Schottky TTL money could buy a decade ago"

That could be true of the adm3a -- it's dumb enough!.  I had a vt52
clone that I thought was logic-only, but it turned out to have a 6800
CPU (I may still have the pcb).  I have a real VT52 and I'm pretty sure
it has an 8080 in it, just like my DECwriter does.

--
								Greg A. Woods