[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Jun 24 19:41:21 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:57:24 EDT, writing from The Center for Computational
Aesthetics, came this from dave at cca.org ....

> There's a killer "portrait mode" text terminal that does something
> like 80x60, called "Ann Arbor" I think? I've been hunting for one
> for a while, haven't come across one.

The "Ann Arbor Ambassador," IIRC.  I wrote a driver for one, once, about
nineteen-ought-eighty-two.  I thought it was cool.

What _I_ really want, though, is something really small that will do as an X
terminal.  One of those "Internet Appliances" would have done, had the
manufacturers not taken active measures to prevent "tampering."  Maybe now
that those companies have all gone bust, I'll find an early iOpener at a
garage sale....

-Shel
--
Sheldon T. Hall