[rescue] U1 fan FCO details (called sun today)

Kay sunfriek at ussonet.net
Wed Jun 26 07:23:13 CDT 2002

well dont feel bad . here is what has happened to me so far.

Called Sun last friday , gentleman takes all 4 serial # of the machines ,
and the FCO number and gives me 4 case numbers and says ill have 4 new
boards in about a week , said ok , and thanks , Monday came and got a call
from melony at Sun asking for more info , said Barry would be calling me ,
Barry calls and says the FCO is Obsolete, i told him they have exchanged
boards for a few other people this last week and it couldnt be obsolete , I
could hear his jaw hit the floor on the other end of the phone, he didnt
know what to say , he said he would call me back . waiting for the callback
to see what kind of story he is gonna try to tell me this time.

well see what happens
> Well, I called Sun today, and gave them to serial numbers to 2 of my
Ultra-1's
> that have fans in them... They looked up the serial numbers, one system is
STILL
> under a Sun service contract to Boeing Corp, and the other one Sun quoted
> service contract on the system in 98 to some other company. When they
found out
> I'm not with either company, but just a home user they had to investigate,
and
> call me back. A while later I got a call back, and they said that because
I'm