[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Jun 25 11:33:06 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, June 25, 2002 at 11:17:08 (-0400), Sheldon T. Hall wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Favorite Terminals
>
> > http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal/aa300_ad.gif
>
> Geez, even by the standards of the day, that's a BUFF (in the B-52 sense).
> Nice, thin keyboard, too....

"even by"?   or did you mean "even by today's standards"?

There were problems with the initial release, and Ann Arbor Terminals
seemed to disappear before the fixed models really took off...

(2-key vs. N-key rollover, and no 8-bit shift "meta" key were the worst.)

> I like the last line of that GIF; I haven't seen an ad with a TWX number in
> a long time!

Yup -- along came FAX and we've been paying for the stupidity ever since.....

--
								Greg A. Woods