[rescue] Anyone used HP rp2430 boxes

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jun 25 10:29:11 CDT 2002

I'm seriously considering buying a used HP rp2430 for my home network. The system I'm looking at is about three months old and the hardware config is:

<<
1x650MHz PA-8700 CPU
512MB (two 256MB DIMMs)
36GB disk (hot swappable)
SysKonnect SK-9844 dual gigabit Ethernet host adapter (occupies one PCI slot).
Deskside stand and front bezel (both of these unopened).

I plan to add a pair of FX6 cards and a multiport 10/100 card so I can use this box as a workstation (it will replace my C240).

My experience is limited to D/R/K and B/C era systems - does anybody have any comments, or complaints about these systems? Asking price will be around 1800USD plus shipping.

Regards,

Gavin