[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 25 07:15:05 CDT 2002

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 00:01, George Adkins wrote:
>
> > Sure, no box can be secured from an Inside threat.  Give me Physical access
> > to the box and the resources to exploit it, and there is no security.
>
> If you're like most IT guys, you focus your security efforts mostly on
> the outside world.  Build one helluva firewall to keep the kiddies out.

I dare say most of us here aren't typical IT guys.  Any sysadmin worth
their salary is already aware of that, and is waaaay ahead of his
internal customers.

All sysadmins should secure their boxes down to the bare minimum of
available services, and trim that down further by allowing only the IPs
to connect that *need* to connect.

Of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong...

--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com