[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 22:15:33 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 10:04:26PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Sold am I!  That was what I perceived to be the Big Win with the
> InfoWindow.  Color would be nice on one or two terminals (I do mud
> occasionally), but DEC terminals have always just "felt" right to me, so
> I'd probably be happy with a fleet of 510s--I never use that multisession
> stuff on my 420, anyway.

oh, the 510 does multisession, but one of my favorite features of the 510, is
that port 1 has both a male AND femail 25-pin RS-232 port.  not to be used at
the same time, to be used with whatever cables you have, no adapter needed. ;)

> /me adds a dozen DEC vt510 terminals and a PortMaster 2e to his wish list.

yes, you will love them.  i know i do.  i just wish i could find more "DEC
Style" PS2 keyboards, even though you hate them, i don't. ;)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --