[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 21:59:24 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:43:23PM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> At an insurance adjuster's office today, I saw an IBM InfoWindow terminal.
> Now, I've been mostly happy with the green-and-black Digital VT420 I have.
>
> The adjuster's InfoWindow had color, reasonable clarity, an IBM clickey
> keyboard, and it certainly didn't appear to be running at 9600bps.
> However, it used a coaxial connection, rather than RS-232.  Do these
> terminals ride directly on thinnet (or token ring) or is this a
> proprietary IBM connector?

like most thing made by IBM, completely incompatable with anything else. :)

Hi Sridhar!!

> Not intending to start another holy war... what are some of your favorite
> serial terminals?  I'm seriously considering revising my "black-and-white
> XTerm in every room" project to be "swank serial terminal in every room",
> and feel like I'm woefully undereducated on what's out there.

if you like the 420, but hate the keyboard, get a VT510.  PS2 keyboard, so you
can use your Model M on it.

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --