[rescue] my point

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 21:50:42 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 08:23:11PM +0100, Andrew Howat wrote:
> >i paid less for my SGI Octane that my brother paid for his POS eMachines
> >el-cheapo machine.  it runs CIRCLES around that poor excuse for a machine.
> >and it NEVER crashes.  did i mention it's fast as all get-out?  cause it is.
> >
> >-brian
>
> great, does it do what your brother would want it to do? Is he tech literate,
> could he make the transition from windows to irix etc etc.
> The point is not about machines. it's about use of them. If the machine suits
> him more than your Octane would then maybe it's worth it's while for him.

i was not talk about my brother, i was using his particular POS machine as an
example of a PC to demonstrate that the comment made about not being able to
get a snazzy unix workstation for less than a PC was complete bunk.

the point is, that if this Octane cost less that a complete POS bottom of the
barrel PC, it cost WAY less than a "decent" PC.  of which it more likely than
not still kicks that crap out of, and is still 1000 times more stable.

that was my point.

and until they port Diablo II to the Octane, my brother will never own one. :)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --