[rescue] intel wasteful?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 19:22:07 CDT 2002

On June 24, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Around 1980 I was programming a HERO 1 in object code if it is 20+ years
> of geek points you're trying to tabulate.
>
> I scored my first printer writing printer drivers for the Apple II to
> support C. Itoh printers (8510 color was the first).  Oh yeah, I was
> about 8 years old at the time.
>
> Still, this chest thumping crap is pretty lame.

  Well...*your* chest thumping is lame.  Three of my five Cray
supercomputers are in my house, and the first supercomputer I touched
was one I helped to construct from the component level.  This means
you lose.  Thanks for playing.

  Further...The fact that George even knows what an RL02 *is* means he
knows more about computer architecture than you'll ever be able to
understand.

> I can flatulate with the best of them.  Bring on the red cabbage and
> bratwursts!

  Child.

  Though I must thank you for giving me a fine target for venting some
of my pent-up frustrations. :-)

  Man oh MAN I'm an arrogant ass today.  I DARE you to have a nicer day
than I'm having! 8-)

      -Dave