[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jun 24 19:14:30 CDT 2002

> I've been here for months.  Recently re-de-cloaked.  Check your
> archives.

Interesting, this was one of the things you took issue with Dave M for
telling *you* to do.

> You didn't read the thread.

Wanna bet?

> McGuire made a loose and dirty statement that I didn't agree with.  I
> asked him to elaborate, and gave first hand anecdotal evidence on why I
> disagreed with his statement.  He weaseled out, firing insults in his
> retreat.
>
> Usually the trolls are the once that fire off ill researched opinions,
> and then refuse to back them up with anything substantial.
>
> And somehow that makes *me* the troll?  Pfft.

If you've been here for months you should realize what the list is
about, and the views held by the most active and vocal members.  I have
yet to see anything substatial from *you* regarding your opinions and
views.  The only thing I've seen from you is a vague reference at the
very beginning of the thread, followed up by complaints that Dave M.
wasn't provifing empirical evidence.

Pot -> kettle -> Black.  Get it?

> > I would have added, "and don't let that swinging door
> > hit you in the rear on the way out".
>
> Anyone who lobs insults so freely with nothing to back them up *should*
> hope that people like me go away.

Oh, we do.  Disturbed the peace, you did.  Brought chaos to our
existence.  Stirred a nest of angry hornets.

> > I'm just glad that no one's head actually exploded when
> > you used Perl as a reason (apparently) why everyone needed\
> > an SMP x86 system available...
>
> That wasn't a reason.  You're connecting dots, but in the wrong order.
> Context, context, context.

Great.  A Greg Woods wannabe.  We already have one, thanks.

(no further insult to GW inteded by the way)
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com