[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at cats.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 24 18:56:13 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> Chris H. said of Dave McGuire:
> > [...] he's got the manners of a billy goat.
>
> Interesting perspective you have there.  From my view,
> you wandered into a mailing list, stirred up the
> denizens who've been there for years, made statements
> based on your opinions, and then had issues when
> people treated you like a troll.
>
> Whatever.  I actually *agree* with much of what you
> said--but the low-end Dell and IBM x86 systems that
> I use for certain things at home are better built than
> most x86 boxes and are IME still not as reliable as Sun
> boxes of the same vintage...
>
> As Dave said (in several variations), Have A Nice Day.
> I would have added, "and don't let that swinging door
> hit you in the rear on the way out".  Now that you've
> decided to stay, though, let's see if the next
> discussion manages to avoid becoming a urinary festival.
>
> I'm just glad that no one's head actually exploded when
> you used Perl as a reason (apparently) why everyone needed\
> an SMP x86 system available...

Errrr.... as far as I know this is an unmoderated list. So we do not have
to agree with Mr. McG's point of view as a reason to stay in it. If Mr.
Dave doesn't agree with a poster's point of view then so be it. But it
doesn't mean that by law the other poster had to shut up.

Like a wise man once said: "Opinions are like assholes, eveyone has one"

Cheer up people, it is just computers we are talking about! Jeezzz :-)